Reading to your child will create a special bond between you. It will also help in many other ways, ie to develop listening and concentration skills, vocabulary and imagination, introduce new experiences and help your child learn to read and write.
- Choose a cozy, comfortable place and snuggle up together
- Choose books with bright pictures and short text, and talk about connections with things or events in your child’s own life as you read
- Encourage your child to join in, ask questions and talk about the book
- Introduce different types of books, such as lift-the-flap. pop-up and board books
- Be prepared to reread favourite books!